Wednesday, November 23, 2011

2011 Photo Contest Entry 006 007 008

Photo 006

Subject: Goldenrod
Park or Reserve: PV Park
Photo file name: Goldenrod Field
Date of photo: 9.17.2011
Category : Landscapes or Scenery
Any comments? (optional): We had never heard of PV Park before the
awards ceremony last year. We researched and realized that we live
only five miles from the park. It has now become our favorite park
with its winding trails and spectacular views at any time during the
year.


Photo 007

Subject: Milkweed
Park or Reserve: PV Park
Photo file name): Milkweed
Date of photo: 3.20.2011
Category : Close-ups
Any comments? (optional): Last Spring we went hiking and I saw some
milkweed left over from the previous year. I attempted to photograph
the simplistic beauty of the pod, when the wind began blowing
fiercely. I was frustrated and frantic as I tried to capture the
remaining seeds. When I got home, I realized the wind and my camera
captured a common, insignificant part of nature and created something
beautiful.


Photo 008

Subject: Kristen
Park or Reserve: PV Park
Photo file name : Spring Will Return to PV Park
Date of photo: 3.11.2011
Category: People or Pets
Any comments? (optional): Soon after last year's awards ceremony,
we visited PV Park. After several warm breaks from the long winter, we
decided to stop and look for signs of spring. However, on our first
trip to the park, it began to snow. I felt Kristen's expression
captured our feelings about the delay in warm weather.